Thursday, January 31, 2013

This Blogger's Current Diet Experiment – Surprising Weight Loss!

http://resolvingthecontroversies.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/my-current-diet-experiment-surprising-weight-loss/

Here's a quote from the blog -

"Except that I LIKE EATING THIS WAY! Who’da thought?!
In order to achieve my current diet goal objectives, I’m eating
    • 40% of calories as beans and veggies
    • 40% of calories from ultra high oleic acid fats
 It blows my mind that unless I can be eating New York steaks, beans and veggies are actually far tastier than dried up, unappealing animal flesh with the fat removed.
And, it blows my mind that counter to the current low-carb diet “wisdom”, a higher carb, bean/veggie based diet is producing more satiety and thus capable of sustaining greater weight loss. Or more effortless weight maintainence. It saddens me no end to affirm what Tim Ferris was reporting in his 4 hour diet book about “slow carbs”. (I don’t know why I don’t like Harris; he just rubs me the wrong way.)
So, in a nut shell, it’s true, at least for me. Very slow digesting carbs keep me so full I do not think about food for hours and my weight has fallen off without me intending for it to do that." (Emphasis Added)

No comments:

Post a Comment